Food You’ll Find Here:
Usually Simple, Often French, Always Delicious
Goat Cheese with Herbs -
Chèvre avec les Herbes
Goat cheese with herbs. Really, it’s goat cheese balls with herbs. Herbed goat cheese balls. Herb covered goat cheese balls. Balls of goat cheese and herbs. Whatever you call them, they’re delicious, fast, and easy to make. And goat cheese is one of my favorite cheeses.
One of my favorite herbs is cilantro, and I had some, so that’s what I used today. I also had some chives and used some of those, too. Use any herbs that strike your fancy. Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme also work well. Name that tune.
So easy. Make the crostini. Or serve with crackers. Make the balls and roll in herbs. Place a ball on the bread or cracker. Spread and enjoy!
Goat Cheese with Herbs – Fromage de Chèvre avec les Herbes
- Drizzle olive oil over baguette slices, or spread with butter, and bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Place your finely chopped herbs in a small bowl. Fresh herbs are best, but you may use dried if that’s what you have. If using dried herbs, use a smaller quantity and skip the lemon juice in the next step.
- Stir your choice of herbs, a few drops of lemon juice, sea salt, garlic and/or onion powder together in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Roll chunks of goat cheese into 1″ balls.
- Roll balls in herb mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click here to visit France’s Official Goat Cheese website for a variety of goat cheese recipes.